Bundling up on the couch after a long day with a delicious, healthy meal is basically my favorite part of the day As some of you know, I am pretty busy- booking private clients for nutrition coaching and balancing 32 hours of week at a dialysis clinic as a Renal Dietitian. I am also in the midst of learning Photoshop and video editing programs so I can share my nutrition knowledge visually and via video! This great for people like me who don’t have a ton of time to read long articles but want the most information they can get.
I am slowly in the works of creating a program for “Busy Gals” with Jessica Caruso, a personal trainer based here in Orange County! This program is specific for anyone who is short on time but not short on health! With recipes that can be prepared “in minutes” and quick workouts you can perform while in an office setting… it has everything you need to be successful! Stay tuned for the busy gal guide website and program launch!
So here are ten recipes that I found from my favorite food blogs! With winter approaching, many people find themselves indoors more, so take advantage of this down time and get cooking! Don’t let the winter blues catch you, following a healthy diet can truly help you feel energized, even in this dark and dreary weather condition. I hope you enjoy
- Red curry lentils: Replace ghee for butter, skip the teaspoon of sugar and use coconut milk if desired for a pure pegan recipe! Only 254 calories per serving
2. Mushroom, Lemon and Lentil Salad: A simple yet hearty recipe, perfect for a cold winter night!
3. The Loyal Lentil Chili with Pumpkin: Chili is a perfect winter-dish and better yet- it reheats well for delicious leftovers. This pinterest-worthy recipe will make your mouth water.
5. WHITE BEAN KALE SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING: Omit bread or replace with a grain-free bread for a pegan diet. I use whole grain bread for this recipe! With 541 calories per serving, this is a great meal choice for anyone needing a more hearty meal
6. Grilled Stuffed Zucchini with Shrimp Recipe: Shrimp is one of my favorite proteins! Enjoy this 184 calorie dish.
7. Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Eggplant Puttanesca: I love this take on spaghetti squash!
9. Shrimp Curry Shirataki Noodles: These miracle noodles are low in calories and crazy high in fiber.. with less than 300 calories per serving, you tummy will feel nice and full with this dish!
10. Raw cauliflower “couscous” with kale and cabbage: A fun take on cauliflower, make a “couscous” salad with heart healthy walnuts, sweet cranberries and zesty dressing!