Why I LOVE Greek Yogurt Pops:
- You might just mistake them for ice cream
- Fruit + yogurt + freezer = deliciousness
- They cool me down on a hot summer day
- Healthy & guilt-free
- They totally satisfy my sweet tooth
- Pink. Sweet. Fun.
A perfect summer recipe! Fresh. Healthy. Yummy.
I love cold desserts during the hot summer months, so I thought it would be fun to try out this healthy popsicle recipe! I started by visiting World Market and purchasing a popsicle maker kit, but you can use ice trays as well.
This recipe makes 6 standard sized popsicles.
Greek yogurt Pops
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 cups frozen fruit of choice (I used strawberries, bananas, kiwi and pineapple)
- 6 Tbsp honey
1. Combine 2/3 cup fruit, 3 tbsp Greek yogurt and 2 Tbsp honey in blender or food processor until smooth.
2. Scoop the mixture evenly into popsicle mold, filling one-third full.
3. Place into freezer and freeze until set, about 15-20 minutes.
(This will be your top layer of color on your popsicles so pick a fruit that will make it look pretty.)
4. Combine 2/3 cup fruit, 3 tbsp Greek yogurt and 2 Tbsp honey in blender or food processor until smooth.
5. Scoop the mixture evenly into the mold, filling two-thirds full. Place your Popsicle sticks into popsicles at this step!
6. Place into freezer and freeze until set, about 30-45 minutes.
8. Scoop the mixture evenly into the molds, filling them completely.0
9. Place into freezer and freeze until hard, at least 4 hours.
10. When popsicles are completely frozen (be patient!) remove them from freezer. Place the tray into warm water for 2-3 minutes and gently remove popsicles from mold.