Yes I have always loved my family’s very traditional Thanksgiving dinner. The never-ending stuffing, white dinner rolls with butter, thick gravy, buttery mashed potatoes and of course carefully carved turkey. But this holiday will be different. I will be venturing to Northern California to celebrate without family, making it a perfect time to introduce health food into the mix, right? The dietitian better bring something healthy to dinner– I’m sure they’re all thinking! So I scoured some of my favorite food blogs for plant-based Thanksgiving dishes that will complement the turkey! Which sound the best to you?
Plant-Based Thanksgiving Dishes
- The Big Holiday Hummus Board With Roasted Root Veggie Chips. By Half Baked Harvest! Check out her blog, it is full of gorgeous pictures and yummy recipes!
2. Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup Recipe. By Gimme Some Oven
3. Fresh Fall Salad. By So Munch Love.
4. Savory Pumpkin Pie With Quinoa Crust. By What’s Cooking Good Looking
5. Roasted Green Beans With Mushroooms. By Joyful Healthy Eats
6. Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes. By Steamy Kitchen
7. Lighter Sweet Potato Casserole. By Deliciously Organic
8. Vegan Sweet Potato Enchiladas. By The Thin Kitchen (me… not-so-traditional but a fan favorite!)
9. Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts. By Table For Two
10. Cranberry Sauce. By Simply Recipes
11. Grain Free Pumpkin Bars. By Detoxinista
12. Easy Vegan Apple Crisp. By Love and Lemons
13. Vegan Bread Pudding With Bourbon Sauce. By Me!