Thai Peanut Noodles with Shrimp
Yields 4 servings
- 3/4 lb shrimp
- Soy sayce, 5 Tbsp
- Sugar, 1 3/4 tsp
- Green onions, 4 minced
- Asian sesame oil, 1 1/2 tsp plus 2 Tbsp
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Creamy all-natural peanut butter, 1/3 cup
- Fresh ginger, 2 Tbsp minced
- Balsamic vinegar, 2 Tbsp
- Red pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp
- Pad Thai Noodles, 10 oz
- Large red bell pepper, 1, thinly sliced in strips
- Canola oil, 1 Tbsp
- Fresh cilantro, 1/4 cup chopped
1. Place uncooked shrimp in a bowl, combine 2 Tbsp soy sauce, 3/4 tsp sugar and stir to dissolve. Mix in half the green onions, 1 1/2 tsp of the sesame oil, and a generous amount of pepper. Stir to coat. Set aside.
2. In a food processor, combine the peanut butter, ginger, vinegar, pepper flakes, remaining 3 Tbsp soy sauce, remaining green onions, 1 Tbsp sesame oil and 1 tsp of the sugar. Add 1.4 cup hot water to food processor and process until well blended to make a sauce.
3. Prepare noodles as directed and place in a warmed bowl. Add the remaining 1 Tbsp sesame oil and stir to coat. Mix in the bell pepper and sauce to taste. Mix to coat the noodles. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. In a large pan over medium high heat, warm the canola oil. Cook the shrimp until pink, 3-4 minutes per side. Divide noodles amount 4 bowls, top with the shrimp, sprinkle with cilantro and serve!