My good friend Jen came over on Saturday for an afternoon of cooking and puppy play (she has the cutest little Pug named Leroy)! We both love salad, so we decide to make a hearty one full of fresh ingredients! But mind you- White Miso Paste can be tough to find. We searched three different markets to find it! Finally, we had luck at Mother’s Market. Although our shopping trip took longer than expected, it was definitely worth it. We both loved the way this recipe turned out! It is definitely a winner I hope you enjoy!
Thin Shrimp and Avocado Salad with Miso Dressing
Yields 2 servings \ Prep time 25 minutes \ Cooked time 10 minutes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ pound raw shrimp, tails removed
- ½ tablespoon canola oil
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1½ cups sliced avocados (2 small)
- 1 cucumber
- 4 cups chopped baby kale
- fresh chopped cilantro for topping
- 1 1-inch piece of fresh peeled ginger
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1½ tablespoons white miso
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium high heat. Add the garlic and shrimp; sprinkle with the chili powder and cayenne directly in the pan. Saute for a few minutes on each side until the shrimp are no longer clear and have a nice golden color on the outside.
- Peel and dice the cucumber and avocado. Chop the baby kale into small bite sized pieces. Arrange in a bowl with the shrimp.
- Puree all the dressing ingredients together in a food processor until smooth. Taste and adjust to your preferences. Pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately (or store the individual parts separately in the refrigerator until ready to serve). Top with fresh cilantro. Yum!