Happy Saturday Morning!
These are my favorite pancakes because they are fluffy and just-sweet-enough. I add dark chocolate, pecans and bananas to my pancakes as a little weekend treat! My boyfriend swears he’s not a pancake person- yet every time I make them he insists that I make the largest sized batch. I top mine with pure maple syrup and a dash of cinnamon.
If I had to sum up these pancakes in three words:
Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Banana Pancakes
Serves: 4 (2 4-inch pancakes per serving) // Cook time 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Bob’s Redmill gluten free pancake mix
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2oz dark chocolate with sea salt, chopped
- 1 Ripe banana, mashed
- 3 Tbsp pecans, chopped
- Canola oil cooking spray
- Pure maple syrup
- Cinnamon, to taste
1. Combine pancake mix, egg, almond milk and canola oil in large bowl. Whisk ingredients together in a bowl until they are thoroughly mixed. Stir in dark chocolate, mashed banana and pecans.
2. Preheat pan or griddle to medium-high heat. When heated, coat pan with cooking spray.
3. Pour batter into pan and cook until top is bubbly. Turn and cook until golden brown. I like to make medium-sized pancakes, but you can make them any sizes that pleases you!
4. Plate pancakes and serve with desired toppings.